FLOURLESS ALMOND COCONUT CAKE
A gluten free cake loaded with almond and coconut flavors? Yes please!! Over the last few years I have learned that healthier dessert alternatives don't always have to taste like cardboard and this opened up a world of opportunity.
This recipe is one of the rare ones that I did not tweak so first off, let me give credit where credit is due, and the original recipe comes from Belinda Jeffery. This almond coconut cake comes together in a hurry and is perfect for those days where you really have to bring dessert together quickly.
The butter in this cake along with the almond flour and coconut flakes work together to create a moist, rich flavor and did I mention it enough times that it is gluten free? Yes? Let's get to it because you will want to make this.
180 grams almond flour
60 grams unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
250 grams granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
175 grams unsalted butter (melted and cooled)
2 tablespoons almond flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8 inch pan ( I used a springform pan);
2. Pour almond flour, coconut flakes, salt and granulated sugar in a bowl and stir till well combined;
3. In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla extract and then add the cooled melted butter and mix till the ingredients are well combined;
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir them together;
5. Pour mixture into your prepared baking pan and spread almonds on top evenly;
6. Bake for 35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean;
7. Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack and then set on a serving plate.
Wishing you all things sweet,