When I think of recipes that I can whip up in a hurry, blondies are right there near the top of my list. If you have never had one, you are about to find out what you are missing when you bake and try these out. Blondies are essentially brownies without the cocoa powder and if you have a thing for chocolate chip cookies you will love my take on the blondie with chocolate chips.
For these blondies, I wanted something that packed a flavor punch and the easiest way to make this happen was to switch up on the chips. I chose to use Baileys chocolate and white chocolate chips; so you can use pretty much any chip you would like. I used regular sized chocolate chips if mini chips are more up your alley by all means have at it and remember to save some of the chips to sprinkle on top if you want.
These blondies bake up nice and chewy and the edges will bake a little crispy but you will love every bite. Once your blondies come out of the oven you will need to let them cool down before cutting it into squares or if you have one of these pans pictured below your blondies will come out of the oven already portioned.
This recipe that gives me freedom to express a bit of my personality via the chocolate chips I use and somehow I believe you will love this, so grab your 9x13 pan and let's get to it.
2.5 cups flour
.5 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup melted and slightly cooled salted butter
1.5 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1.25 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking pan;
2. Combine flour and baking soda in mixing bowl;
3. Using a bowl, stand mixer handheld mixer, combine melted butter and brown sugar and mix until combined;
4. Add in eggs one at a time, making sure each one is properly incorporated;
5. Slowly add flour mixture and mix till there are no traces of flour left; and then add the chocolate chips, reserving some to sprinkle on top if you want to;
6. Pour batter into pan and spread out evenly; add reserved chips if using and bake for 24 to 26 minutes
7. Let cool for at least an hour before cutting into squares and enjoy!!